The data layer is a UI-based data integration module. It enables users to extract data from various source systems, transform it and deliver it in a presentable way. The screenshot below gives an overview of available features.
To use the data layer:
Step 1: Open Lumenore> Self Service, then click on Data Layer.
- Step 2: The data layer window appears; the user has three modules:
- Source: – The source section reads data from the local file system, or you can use pre-created connectors to get data. You can also extract data from the table, database, or cloud connector.
- Target: – After performing any task on the data extracted from the source, target helps us load the data into the database, any file system, or any cloud storage.
- Transformation: – Data transformation is converting a raw data source into a cleansed, validated, and ready-to-use format. For example, we can perform data cleaning, validation, null removal, or other operations using transformation. Below is the screenshot of the change and the various operations it allows a user to do.
For changing the project in Data Layer:-
The user can change the project from the top left corner of the window. For changing the project:
- Click on the current project name; a drop-down will appear.
- Select the project from the drop-down menu.