Connector (Lumenore Connect)
Lumenore Connect lets the user make a connection for extracting the data present in the source; it can be a local file, database, or live connection. Lumenore provides 80+ connectors to let the user connect the data to make the schema and the dashboard.
In the first step of creating the dashboard, the user has to create/add a dataset extracted via a connector. When the user creates or adds a dataset, the dataset is saved as a local dataset.
To connect the data through the connector:
- Open Lumenore.
- Click on Self Service, then click Connect your data.
- The Lumenore Connect screen appears; it lets the user choose from various connectors to connect to your data source, create business schemas and create dashboards.
- Note: For understanding purposes, we are connecting with Excel.
- Click Excel.
- Click Browse File or drag the file.
- Users can also get Excel from the cloud- Google Drive, One Drive, Dropbox, etc.
- Select a file from the local and click Open.
- NOTE: The file name is visible in the download box once the file is loaded successfully.
- Click Next.
- Click the check box(es) to Select Tables and columns.
- Click preview.
- Click Save.
- Type a Dataset Name.
- Click OK.
- Click Create Schema.
- If only one table is present in this file, then there is no need to create a join table; click Save.
- Enter the schema name.
- Click OK.
Once you have created a dataset report in a dashboard, you can edit the dataset. With the help of the dataset, we will create the schema. You can also change which dataset object to include in the dataset, which attributes or measure to display etc.